a blog for my short and long-term memory loss




Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Children

Children are precious. Especially mine. Although I admit I am probably a tad biased in my opinion.

Having children rocks your world. It can show us just how selfish we are. Raising children is hard. It is a 24-7 job!

We want what is best for our children. We love them unconditionally just as Christ loves us.

The most important thing you can do for your children is pray for them. No matter what age or what type of relationship you have with them, God hears and answers prayers. So, PRAY!

Praying consistently for something or someone is hard work. It takes physical and mental effort. Over the past couple of years I have learned to use Scripture in praying for my children. This has radically changed my prayer life in this area as well of many others. Here are some of the verses I use when I pray for my children, and for myself during these tiring preschool years.




So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom...satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days...Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!

Psalm 90:12-17








(lost her first tooth!)


Pour your Spirit upon our children and your blessing on our descendants

Isaiah 44:3









(posing on top of thier kitchen for Layla who had "borrowed" my camera)




All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children...you shall be far from oppression, for you chall not fear, and from terror, for it shall not come near you...No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from me...

Isaiah 54:13-15, 17




(notice the screwdriver in his pocket in case he needs to work on something)




(lying on the floor watching a movie while holding his "baby" a tractor)




Call to me and I will answer you, and will show you great and mighty things that you have not known.

Jeremiah 33:3









1 comment:

  1. Praying for your children is powerful. Pop and I pray for them everyday, as well - the same prayer I prayed for mine: "Lord, help them to know you, love you, and serve you with their whole hearts."

    ReplyDelete