a blog for my short and long-term memory loss




Monday, February 7, 2011

Friday Night Just Needs to be Different!

I love to be able to look foward to something. When you find yourself in the same old boring routine, sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands and spice things up a little bit!

Now, some of you will not be able to relate to this post, but I'm sure some will. When you are a stay-at-home mom, (who is trying to be as frugal as possible AND has preschool age children) sometimes your weekend is not much to look foward to. It probably looks pretty much just like the rest of your week looked. That is when you have got to get a little creative and give yourself something new and different to look foward to on the weekends, and why not start with Friday night? Everyone has some type of creativity in them. When I feel a creative urge coming on me, I usually end up looking through recipe books or magazines for a new dish to try.

We have recently made Friday night family movie night. The kids are starting to really look foward to it. Since we do Redbox, they have figured out they can look online with me and watch previews, so that they can tell their daddy wich one they have picked out for him to get them. This is how Family movie night works - we let the kids stay up and watch their movie, then after they are in bed, Mommy and Daddy get to watch their " big people" movie. Everyone wins.

I also had come across a couple of really good-looking fondue recipies that I thought might be fun for Friday night's dinner. We made a yummy cheese fondue and had pepperoni bites, pretzels, and broccoli to dip in it. For dessert, we made a chocolate-peanut butter fondue that we dipped bananas, pretzels, and chocolate chip Teddy Bears in. It was DELICIOUS!!! (Yes, I have modified my original 6 week dieting plan if you were wondering:) Fondue-ing was a hit!! As you can tell from the pictures, we all thoroughly enjoyed it!




Wyatt before dessert




Wyatt after dessert


Anna Lea loving dessert



Layla enjoying dessert



Nothing fancy, but really fun!





Ready for movie night! Everyone has to have their "blankie". They watched Nanny McPhee Returns. It was a really cute movie, and kept their attention for the most part.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! By Friday I'm ready for something different. We usually have "picnic" night. Mikayla has a picnic table and we park it right in front of the TV so we can eat dinner and watch a movie. I know it's not the best habit but I've always LOVED eating on the couch while watching a movie so now, that's what we do on Friday nights. Mikayla loves it too and really tends to eat better than she does at the table because she usually just wants to get down and play. I've found that it's the little things that keep me sane - just dinner on the couch and I'm ready for another week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beka, you are a great mom and you are making great memories for those little munchkins! Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! I loved seeing the pictures especially of Wyatt's AFTER pictures!

    ReplyDelete