a blog for my short and long-term memory loss




Monday, January 10, 2011

The Perfect Snow Day!!





looking out our front door


Today we woke up to the perfect snow day!! During the night it had snowed about 8 inches!!! The kids (and moma and daddy) were very excited to get out and play in it!! The last snow that Rob and I remember was what we refer to as the "Blizzard of 93". We were 11 years old. I lived in Campbellsville, Ky at the time. I remember I had slept downstairs with my sister Hannah and we both woke up to about a foot of snow with several inches of ice on top of it. The heavy ice had knocked out all of the power. We had a kerosene heater that we were able to use to stay warm. I remember it as a fun adventure!


Rob lived in Athens, TN at the time. His memories include waking up to lots of snow as well. He remembers playing in the snow, then his whole family went over to Gram and Poppy's (his grandparents) house to stay for several days until their power was turned back on.


Here is how we enjoyed our day. First we put on all of our layers of clothing.



Anna Lea, Myself, and Wyatt



Almost ready


Rob and Layla sledding down the hill in front of our house

Anna Lea
Wyatt
We had all been outside about 10 minutes, and Wyatt and Anna Lea decided they had already had enough.

After playing in the snow for a while, we of course, had to come in and have hot chocolate.




We all thoroughly enjoyed our beautiful day of snow, and it looks like we will continue to enjoy it a for a few more days.








































































1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog because I wrote a memoir of my childhood on the farm: Growing Up Country: Memories of an Iowa Farm Girl. Your post made me think of so many days when we rushed out to play in the snow. It could be for hours or minutes, but snow was fabulous! We got six inches of fresh power this morning. Time to play!

    ReplyDelete