a blog for my short and long-term memory loss




Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hang in There!

I must admit it has been a whole lot easier using the treadmill this week. Last week the only thought I was able to have was "I am about to pass out!". This week it has been considerably easier to make it the whole 30 minutes. I have been doing fairly well on my new diet also. I don't know if it's the snow or what, but I have had a huge appetite this week so it has been very hard! I know that there is an Edward's Cookies and Creme Pie in our freezer, and every time I open the freezer door, there it is just begging me to eat some of it. But, I have NOT!!! I am waiting until Saturday, the one day week I'm allowed to have sweets, before I devour a piece.

I always thought that I hated all types of fish, and I hated that because I know it is SO good for you. But, I have recently discovered that I do like Tilapia. I have been buying it in the freezer section at our grocery store. It is also extremely quick and easy to prepare. Just run cold water over it to thaw it. Spray a broiling pan with non-stick spray. Sprinkle blackening spices on both sides, and broil for 5 minutes on the first side. Turn your fish over, and broil for 4 more minutes on the other side. Make sure you use your top oven rack and that you have it pretty close to the top. It is DELICIOUS!! Serve it with rice, steamed broccoli, or any other of your favorite veggies. My whole family loves it, and it is a GREAT meal that I can feel good about serving them! If you have any easy healthy meal ideas, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment