a blog for my short and long-term memory loss




Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sweet Snacks

 
I finally made a purchase for a few bulk items through Amazon.  I had been wanting to get some organic grits (which my kids eat for breakfast like they are going out of style), oatmeal, and raisins.  When they arrived I was eager to try my hand at granola and some chocolate covered raisins.  They both turned out wonderful! (so they made the blog)  
 
Ingredients for the granola:  coconut oil, oats, vanilla (mine is homemade:), salt, shredded coconut, honey, and some slivered almonds.  I found a recipe that I somewhat went by online, I think it was the Organic wife blog?  
 
 
 
 
Before

 After!!
I have been eating it as cereal with milk and sliced bananas on top, De-lish!
 

Next, I googled how to make my own chocolate chips and found out how to make the chocolate that I used to cover my raisins.  It was really simple.


I spread out the raisins on parchment paper, then poured the warm chocolate sauce over them.


Then they cooled and hardened in the fridge for a couple of hours.  Well, to be honest, they didn't make it for two hours, before they were tested.  Yummy!  Next I want to do the same with some peanuts!



No comments:

Post a Comment