a blog for my short and long-term memory loss




Friday, August 10, 2012

A Mess

These kids o' mine are definitely a mess. They say and do the funniest things. If left unattended for any length of time, a mess is what you will find upon looking for them. Believe me, I've walked in on everything from a puddle of Hershey's syrup on the kitchen floor to a pile of number 2 hiding under the bunk beds.
Occasionally I will let them make a mess on purpose. I am thankful for a mom who let me play in the rain and wasn't afraid to let me get a little dirty when I was younger. It's just part of being a kid. It will be these memories that stick out in their minds for years to come.
Another of Anna Lea's crazy outfits

4 comments:

  1. What cute pics! I've always said a dirty kid is a happy kid. I bet we could share "messes my kids made" stories for hours. My most recent one was when my little 2 yr old nephew cooked a sharpie in the microwave. It was....interesting. And is that shaving cream? When I was 17, I did that with some kids I was babysitting and made a video of it. I thought their mom would love it. Um...no. She did not. Of course it might have had a little to do with me letting them do it in the kitchen, but I mean...I cleaned it all up. As well as a happy go lucky 17 yr old cleans up, anyways. Last time my kids did it, I let them use whipped cream instead. That was fun AND delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was shaving cream. Although the whipped cream sounds like something we might need to try!

      Delete
  2. Those kids look vaguely familiar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have pictures of Rob at my house with shaving creme in his hair. We all had our hair spiked up. LOL Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete