a blog for my short and long-term memory loss




Friday, March 11, 2011

Play Dough and Cornbread Crumbs

Yesterday it was cold and rainy so I stayed home (inside) all day long with all three of my precious children. For some people that may sound nice. It was not nice. Since we were all trapped inside together, it seemed that I was just walking around picking up one mess after another. It was really starting to get on my nerves. I totally enjoy having a clean, neat home. It bothers me when I walk across my floors and I feel crumbs or stickiness. I start to feel slightly out of control. Well, I thought that if I could just jump in the shower and get myself clean maybe that would help a little. I jumped in and hoped and prayed my children would not make too big of another mess while I was in there.

When I left they were all 3 sitting sweetly at the table playing with play dough together. When I returned the play dough was scattered randomly around the house as well as corn bread crumbs. I had made a pan of corn bread the night before, and there were a few leftover on top of the stove completely covered by a towel. Well, Anna Lea found them somehow and had been sweet enough to share them with her brother as well. So, there were cornbread crumbs all over my FLOORS mixed with the random play dough droppings. This did nothing to strengthen my mental state, and it definitely did NOT feel very well on my clean bare feet...

Right now I am in the middle of a Bible study of David's life by Beth Moore. It has been wonderful, and I am learning so much. One of the things we have been learning through this study is that we need to be able to confess our faults one to another. I will confess one thing I continue to struggle with during this time of my life is Ephesians 4:26, "Be ye angry and sin not." When I found the play dough and cornbread crumbs, I sinned. I did not handle my anger the appropriate way. I love what I read later that day in our study book, "Be angry and sin not does not mean 'be angry and do nothing'. God created anger. It energizes us to respond when something is wrong." Boy, did my anger energize me! Next time I will try to chanel it in the appropriate way when disciplining my children when they have disobeyed.

Can anybody out there relate????

3 comments:

  1. I am disappointed there are no pictures this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too mad to think about taking a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beka, I CAN RELATE! When Kayla and Kevin were little I think around 5 yrs ago, it was when we were in the process of building our home we had moved in at Rex's mom's house. I remember it was winter and it was snowing and I wanted to make memories of Hot Cocoa with mini marshmallows. Rex had left for work he worked second shift then. I proceeded to work on something in another room. Boy did we make memories. I heard the kids laughing and I thought that is great they are finally getting along. Then I went into the living room and yes I got in the Flesh, Kevin and Kayla had found the bag of marshmellows, Kevin had gotten a little army tent that christmas the frame was made out of pvc pipe, he had figured out that the mini marshmellows were the perfect fit for the pvc pipe, You can image after being in the pvc pipe how sticky they had become. He and Kayla had proceeded to blow them all over Nana's living room, they were stuck to the tv, the walls, the furniture, the mirror and everything in its path. They cleaned up everyone of them. Then one day I was at Nana's and noticed one still stuck behind the tv. LOL it was funny once you think about it, I wish I could go back and spend more time with my kids while they were little, LOVE THEM AND ENJOY THEM BECAUSE LIFE PASSES TO QUICKLY! Diane King

    ReplyDelete